The School’s aims for Physical Education are:
- To develop skilful use of the body, the ability to remember, repeat and refine actions and to perform them with increasing control, co-ordination and fluency [acquiring and developing].
- To develop an increasing ability to select, link and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas [selecting and applying].
- To improve observation skills and the ability to describe and make simple judgements on their own and others work, and to use their observations and judgements to improve performance [improving and evaluating].
- To develop an understanding of the effects of exercise on the body, and an appreciation of the value of safe exercising [knowledge and understanding of fitness and health].
- To develop the ability to work independently, and communicate with and respond positively towards others [working alone and with others].
- To promote an understanding of safe practice, and develop a sense of responsibility towards their own and others’ safety and well-being [applying safety principles].
- To understand the importance of leading healthy, active lives.
We work in partnership with the School Sports Programme to enhance and develop the provision of PE and school sport. Our aims for the subject also reflect the School Sport Partnership outcomes as stated in the development plan.